Many times people look for honest reviews of web hosting services. So I decided to write a Bluehost Review in which I will try to explain why it has been recommended and its key features. BlueHost is yet another reputed web hosting company around. Established in 1996 it is now a company that hosts two million websites. A key promoting feature of BlueHost is that they have been listed as an official WordPress recommended hosting provider for WordPress based websites.
Before going into the Bluehost review, let me give an outline of their products. BlueHost offers its services to its customers in 5 varieties.
● Shared Hosting
● Cloud Hosting
● WordPress Hosting
● VPS Hosting
● Dedicated Hosting
Among these, Shared Hosting is the most demanded product of Bluehost. Shared Hosting is suitable for most people who start their websites afresh. When your site grows bigger and traffic exceeds 20k visitors per month, you must switch to Cloud or VPS or Dedicated hosting.
So let’s dive into the Bluehost review and find out the best about them. See below a quick review of the important features of Bluehost.
- Easy to use
- A free domain name for 1 year, with yearly plans
- Affordability with quality.
- Automatic backups of your files
- 24×7 Live Chat and Phone Support
- 30 days Money-back Guarantee
- Super Scaleable and top-class servers
- Inbuilt CDN (Content Delivery Network) and Cloudflare integration.
- What I like about Bluehost – BlueHost Review
- How to Purchase Bluehost Hosting?
- Final Verdict of this Bluehost Review
What I like about Bluehost – BlueHost Review
Let me explain the above-mentioned features of Bluehost in detail.
1. It’s easy to use: with an Industry Standard CPanel
When you start building websites as a beginner, the first thing you will like to have is the ease of use of hosting. Bluehost perfectly does this. Like many other established web hosting companies, Bluehost keeps things in a really simple manner. There are one-click installations of WordPress and other site-building platforms and scripts which are ultra suitable for beginners! But remember that offering this simplicity does not mean that they are not suitable for advanced users.
BlueHost provides its customers with an attractive User Dashboard with lots of bonus features. With BlueHost, your everyday cPanel, won’t look so “every day”. The new user interface gives off an elegant look making it easier to work with. I also found that a large set of additional features could be accessed via this Dashboard. Some of these include 404 settings, language preferences, dedicated domain management systems, built-in Anti Spam technology and more.
BlueHost also packs a huge knowledge base which makes it easier for you to find basically everything you’ll need to know. What’s more, they also offer video tutorials via YouTube. So if you’re a beginner to the field, this is something you’re definitely going to love and find extremely useful.
2. Free Domain name
Bluehost offers a free domain name for 1 year with hosting purchases of 1 year or more duration. You can select a domain from various extensions like .com, .net, .org, .co etc.
Can’t decide on a domain name while purchasing hosting? No problem. You can choose the free domain later! In that case, you will receive a FREE domain credit – an $11.99 value! The Plus and Prime packages of shared hosting include a free Google Adwords credit for $200.
3. Affordability with High-quality servers
While I am writing this Bluehost review, the cheapest shared hosting plan is available for $2.71 per month with a free domain name. I won’t say that it is the cheapest web hosting plan, but it is really affordable if you want to go with a reputed hosting company. Bluehost hosting packages are flexible.
Another factor you are definitely going to think about is Server Performance. After all, you’re doing all this to have your website up and running for everyone to see. And if your hosting provider can’t do that one thing they’re really supposed to be able to, what is even the point? Bluehost servers passed our tests are proved to have 99.9% uptime on average. This is a huge factor if you’re planning to sign up with Bluehost. Knowing that your website is up and running 99.9% of the time will give you peace of mind. If you’re a web development company, this could even pump-up your reputation.
4. Automatic Backups
Getting your website files and databases backed up frequently is the best method to prevent data loss due to accidental mistakes or hacking attacks. Bluehost provides site backup without any extra cost.
5. Bluehost Customer Support
This Bluehost review will not be completed without the review of their customer service. It is a really bad situation to wait on the phone line for customer support when your website goes down. Thankfully, Bluehost’s customer support is among the top class in the industry. They have 24/7 live chat and phone support. The holding time maybe around 1-1.5 minutes. Technical support is available absolutely free with all types of hosting plans.
6. Bluehost Money Back Guarantee
The best part of it all though is that Bluehost allows its customers to cancel their subscription anytime and ask for a prorated refund. The 30-day money-back guarantee is as follows:
- If you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund on your hosting service.
- If you cancel after 30 days you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your hosting term.
- If you register a domain with Bluehost when signing up, there is a domain fee that is non-refundable. You’ll be free to transfer it (after required lock periods) or simply point it elsewhere at your convenience. You retain ownership of your domain until the end of its registration period unless you elect to extend it.
- Bluehost money-back guarantee applies to hosting plans but does not apply to most add-on products, such as domains.
This gives Bluehost the incentive to ensure that their services are top-notch.
7. Super Scale able servers
Whichever the one of Shared, VPS or Dedicated you chose, you will be able to select the term of engagement and also the features you feel you’re really going to need. This also gives you room to grow. If you’re a beginner in the hosting arena, you may decide to go with a smaller plan at first and with time expand to a larger, more advanced package when you have a better hold of things. The customer support will help you for migrating to a different type of hosting or adding more features to the existing hosting plan.
8.CDN (Content Delivery Network) and Cloudflare integration.
Content Delivery Networks load site’s static contents from the nearest location to the visitor. This greatly reduces load on the main server and gives the user a fast experience. Bluehost provides integration to the CDN network of Cloudflare which is a top-class CDN provider.
Now that you have gone through this Bluehost review, it is time to check the important points while buying hosting.
How to Purchase Bluehost Hosting?
- Go to the official website Bluehost.com. If you are visiting from countries other than the USA, you may get redirected to the country-specific website like Bluehost.in. In that case, go to this link to open the Bluehost.com directly.
- Click on “get started now” and you will reach the pricing page of Shared Hosting.
- Now choose any plan by clicking on “select”. You will reach the free domain selection page. Select a free domain or input your existing domain. Also, a popup window will appear which will give the option to Choose the Free domain later.
- Click on “Choose Free Domain Later” and go to the account creation page. On top of that page, input your personal info and address.
- Below that there are the package selection fields. Choose the plan duration like 1 year, 2 years, etc. Remember to uncheck the addons like Site Backup Pro, Search Engine Jumpstart, SiteLock Security – Find, Comodo PositiveSSL Bundle, etc. They are not required for starter websites. You may choose SSL if you plan to start an e-commerce website for which “https” is a must for gaining the trust of your customers.
- Next, choose the payment method like credit card or Paypal and input the details.
- Finally, sit back and start building your website with Bluehost!
Final Verdict of this Bluehost Review
I believe you find my Bluehost review quite useful. BlueHost is a well-reputed web hosting company. If you’re using WordPress BlueHost is definitely a hosting provider that you might consider because it has been recommended by WordPress itself. If you’re looking for other forms of hosting, BlueHost still comes on top of most other hosting providers. Some key features you’re definitely going to enjoy are a decent entry price, a great user interface and solid server performance.